Select to view content in your preferred language

Can't modify address locator

Jump to solution
12-14-2015 02:52 PM
JoshWhite
Regular Contributor III

For some reason, I am unable to modify my address locator.  It is stored locally but is run as a service.  I stopped all services to no avail.  I was able to successfully make a copy of the locator in the same folder but cannot delete the old one.  I cannot rebuild the locator either. 

Josh White, AICP
Principal Planner

City of Arkansas City
0 Kudos
13 Replies
JoshWhite
Regular Contributor III

UGH!  Now I discover that the rebuild is not doing anything.  I've made changes in the reference data table and the changes aren't showing up in the Locator.  I give up!  I will just simply create a new locator each time.

Josh White, AICP
Principal Planner

City of Arkansas City
0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

I suggest you get together with Tech Support; clearly something is right.

That should just about do it....
JoshWhite
Regular Contributor III

I think part of the problem may have been that the reference data was versioned.  I made sure the latest one was with the Default version.  My server could probably use a restart as well.  Restarting the server is such a major hassle though I don't like to do it very often. 

Josh White, AICP
Principal Planner

City of Arkansas City
0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

SDE and versioned databases are are great. To a point.  That can be your problem, and if I may make a suggestion: use database replication to a file geodatatbase and point your locators to that data and then publish.

I use that basic model for 9-1-1 response geocoding; gets QA'd/QC'd about 2000 times a day.... (or every time we dispatch a call)

That should just about do it....
0 Kudos