Select to view content in your preferred language

.bmp to .xls

12-20-2015 08:04 PM
OnurBozdemir
New Contributor

Hi all,

I have around 12500 images as .bmp file and I have to write all this gps values in the excel sheet like table (date, time, latitude, longtitute, temperature, and depth included in the table) Is it possible to convert all the values from .bmp files to excel by one click? or else am I have to write these values one by one? pls if anyone knows the solution, contact me

ps. The GPS was the old one and I sold it for buying a new one. These data are my old data in my storage and my new GPS does not compatible with old ones.

0 Kudos
15 Replies
ChrisSmith7
Frequent Contributor

Tesseract should work with .bmp from what I can gather...

0 Kudos
OnurBozdemir
New Contributor

Thank you I am trying now

0 Kudos
ChrisSmith7
Frequent Contributor

If you can successfully get text, you should be able to format as a CSV... maybe append everything from the image processing into one CSV. You can then open this in Excel... Actually, it's probably better to save as a flat file (.txt), then import into Excel so you can specify the column formatting, should Excel take too many liberties with a CSV (unless you specify a schema.ini driver - that may work).

0 Kudos
OnurBozdemir
New Contributor

However, these link you send me earlier, they do not work on win8 or i could not find setup.exe in the files.

Maybe i could not see that i need to use C+ kind of program?

0 Kudos
ChrisSmith7
Frequent Contributor

See tesseract-ocr/tesseract · GitHub  - there's a section on Windows. The last link I gave is for PyTesser - it seems like a dead project (last upload in 2007), but, they do apparently have Windows executables (and worked on XP, lol).

0 Kudos