Batch Flip Lines

Jump to solution
05-16-2013 09:49 AM
MichaelBowser
New Contributor II
Hello,

I am currently editing with a very large sewer system and I am not working with network analyst/geometric networks. My
question is... "Is there a way to flip multiple lines at one time?". I can't seem to find a way to do this and I am going line by line and flipping them individually. I feel like there must be a way to do this. Any suggestions?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
T__WayneWhitley
Frequent Contributor
If you're okay with using a geoprocessing tool in ArcToolbox, new at 10.0 is the Editing Tools* toolbox -- in that is a Flip Line* tool...works on a selection.  I found that you have to make sure there's no schema lock on the fc for it to work properly, which makes sense.

Enjoy,
Wayne

*correction, it's Editing Tools toolbox and Flip Line tool...I originally said Editing toolbox and Flip Lines tool, no biggie but have to be exact for good practice.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
T__WayneWhitley
Frequent Contributor
If you're okay with using a geoprocessing tool in ArcToolbox, new at 10.0 is the Editing Tools* toolbox -- in that is a Flip Line* tool...works on a selection.  I found that you have to make sure there's no schema lock on the fc for it to work properly, which makes sense.

Enjoy,
Wayne

*correction, it's Editing Tools toolbox and Flip Line tool...I originally said Editing toolbox and Flip Lines tool, no biggie but have to be exact for good practice.
0 Kudos
EvaJuhasz
New Contributor III

Hi

I try to use this Flip line tool on a enterprise geodatabase FC (cable), which is a part of a Geometric Network.
It does not run, I keep getting the following error:

ERROR 000382: Kabel is a non-simple feature type
Failed to execute (FlipLine).

The FC is a simple feature type of course. I tried to export it to a new FC, and the flip line tool works fine on that.

I wonder if it is a normal behaviour or something is wrong with ArcMap (v.10.2.1) ?

Thank you for your help,

Eva

0 Kudos