ArcSDE Post-installation authorization fails (SQL Server 2005, ArcSDE 10.0)

02-10-2012 12:55 AM
RobinBoyle
New Contributor II
Hi,

I have installed ArcSDE 10 on Windows 2008 Server.  Running the ArcSDE 10 Post-Installation Wizard (As Administrator) allows me to create a new database and geodatabase repository; however, when I try to get the geodatabase authorized, it fails with the error:

Unspecified error no valid feature found in the received authorization data.
Please check the data you entered and try again.

The SQL Server 2005database instance I am working with resides on a different server and has existing 9.3.1 geodatabases on it.  One might think that this may be a problem; however, I have previously created a new ArcSDE 10 geodatabase on this instance alongside the 9.3.1 geodatabases (with a valid Software Authorization Number).  I deleted this (already working) geodatabase as I wanted to set up a number of new geodatabases using the post-installation. 

There is an existing 'sde' user in the SQL Server instance (used in the 9.3.1 GDBs) and I wish to create an SDE Schema GDB using this owner.  I connect to the SQL Server database as sysadmin user.  I received no errors when creating the database and repository.

Any ideas, anyone?

Thanks in advance,
Robin
0 Kudos
3 Replies
VinceAngelo
Esri Esteemed Contributor
Each new release requires a new keycode file.  Have you used this ECP file to create
10.0 instances on this host before?

Customer Service is the best contact for resolving keycode issues (I've occasionally
had files that were invalid, and regenerating the file addressed the issue).

- V
0 Kudos
MandarPurohit
Esri Contributor
You mentioned that authorization worked ok for the first geodatabase with the same ecp file.

Can you test making a direct connection to the newly created database? Software authorization wizard might have actually authorized the database.

It could be NIM059207. This is resolved at 10.0 SP1.

- Mandar
0 Kudos
RandyKreuziger
Occasional Contributor III
Each new release requires a new keycode file.  Have you used this ECP file to create
10.0 instances on this host before?
- V

When I moved to SDE 10.0 late last year the ESRI tech told me that they don't do keycode files anymore.  She told me to fill out the form each time I create a new database.  Is that not right?
0 Kudos