Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcSDE Install 2

01-25-2010 12:19 PM
TedCronin
MVP Honored Contributor
The list is growing, when will there be a PG 64 bit?
0 Kudos
12 Replies
TedCronin
MVP Honored Contributor
Sorry, no, that was not the intent at all. I just meant to let you know that there was no 64 bit version of PostgreSQL on Windows that we could use, thus we could not build a 64 bit Windows version of ArcSDE for PostgreSQL, that's all. The other technical details provided in that thread may be interesting, but are really just extra info you probably didn't need.

Robert

I know that was not your intent.  You are a nice person.  I am stating a fact, that yes, I am a little ignorant, for some things, and in this case, I never realized there was no 64 bit version.  I added the quote to say to myself that right there they state there is no win 64 version, thats all.
0 Kudos
PerNiska
Emerging Contributor
In January, we started building a version of ArcSDE 10 for PostgreSQL on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 update 4.  This is a 64 bit implementation.  Our goal is to fully test and certify this as ready to ship with pre-release in March.

This is not available in 9.4 Beta2? We have installed RHEL5 (64 bit) on AMD x86/x64, PostGreSQL 8.4 (64 bit) and ArcSDE 9.4 Beta2. When running sdesetup we get the following error:

Connection to database 'xxxxx' failed
Error creating ArcSDE direct connection (-9).

When will the Pre-release be available?

Per Niska
Dynalab
0 Kudos
RobertWest
Deactivated User
Pre-release should be available for download "almost any day" now.  We are trying to get all of pre-release up on the resource center for download this week.   All beta sites should receive an email when it's available.  

Robert
0 Kudos