arcsde 10 install for oracle

04-20-2012 10:18 AM
DeryckMills
New Contributor II
I'm wondering where I'd find the ArcSDE setup files for Oracle.  I've found the files for SQL Server(on my ArcGIS 10.0 disk) and installed them and everything is working fine.  Now I need to get Oracle working and I can't seem to find the install(or download) for ArcSDE for Oracle (11g).  Anyone point me in the right direction?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
VinceAngelo
Esri Esteemed Contributor
On which platform are you trying to install?  All the ArcSDE installers should be in the
same general neighborhood, though sometimes the Unix versions are distributed on a
different disk. 

Make sure you're distinguishing between Enterprise ArcSDE, which runs on 5-7 different
databases (depending on how you count them) and Personal and Workgroup ArcSDE,
which only work under SQL-Server Express.

- V
0 Kudos
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor
Hi Deryck,

ArcGIS Desktop (ArcEditor and ArcInfo), ArcGIS Engine, and ArcGIS Server  Workgroup come with an executable file that installs SQL Server Express  and enables the SQL Server Express instance to store ArcSDE  geodatabases.  The ArcSDE for Oracle executable will be found on another disk.  If you do not have any other disks you can download the software (that you are licensed for) from the Customer Care Portal.  If you need additional help with the Customer Care Portal I would recommend calling Customer Service.
0 Kudos
DeryckMills
New Contributor II
Hi Deryck,

ArcGIS Desktop (ArcEditor and ArcInfo), ArcGIS Engine, and ArcGIS Server  Workgroup come with an executable file that installs SQL Server Express  and enables the SQL Server Express instance to store ArcSDE  geodatabases.  The ArcSDE for Oracle executable will be found on another disk.  If you do not have any other disks you can download the software (that you are licensed for) from the Customer Care Portal.  If you need additional help with the Customer Care Portal I would recommend calling Customer Service.

Thanks - Jake I'll give it a try.
0 Kudos