ARC10 Geocoding w Dual Ranges zone erroneous

04-25-2011 05:26 AM
ccain
by
New Contributor
I am using ARC10 desktop with Service Pack 1 installed and am Working on the GISTutorial 1 Basic Workbook prior to teaching it. As part of the lesson a new address locator is made using Dual ranges comparing street address with zip codes. I have found that the address compare with a 95-100% match even though the zip codes are totally in error. As long as the street matches and a zip has five digits the match occurs.

I saw where this was an error NIM055232 supposedly fixed in Service Pack 1 but it is still not working correctly.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
16 Replies
BradNiemand
Esri Regular Contributor
Can you try the attached style and let me know if this helps?  This style will work with 10.0 and 10.0 SP1.  Let me know if you need it for 10.0 SP2 because there are some improvements in there that I can't include if you use 10.0 or 10.0 SP1.
0 Kudos
AndrewMaracini1
New Contributor
Brad,

Thanks for the help. Can you please tell me how to load the style you created?

Andy
0 Kudos
BradNiemand
Esri Regular Contributor
Unzip and put the lot.xml file in your <ArcGIS Install>\Locators folder.

Brad
0 Kudos
AndrewMaracini1
New Contributor
Brad,

Thanks, still 100% unmatched. I used: "US Address with City State - Dual Ranges". Is that the style you provided? What could I be doing wrong? Its weird because as I said before when I use the Road shapefile with the US Streets geocoder I get about 72%, I'm just trying to improve my results.

I created a single locator using fire hydrants and got 79% which is better but ultimately I'd like to create a composite of dual range streets and fire hydrants.
0 Kudos
BradNiemand
Esri Regular Contributor
Are you able to share your data with me to test?  You can send it to me.

Brad
bniemand@esri.com
0 Kudos
AndrewMaracini1
New Contributor
Sure, I'll send it to your email.

Thanks!
0 Kudos
AndrewMaracini1
New Contributor
Brad,

Thanks for your help in identifying several issues with the data and that I needed SP 2 as well as the patch for SP 2 to resolve my issue of no matches. I'm extremely pleased with the results and your prompt response.

Andy
0 Kudos