append data to excel template

07-02-2021 03:39 AM
Labels (1)
DEI
by
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

Is there a tool or app within AGOL that will append data to an excel template? I'm thinking similar to word doc report template in Survey123. For example, field crew collects data while performing multiple site inspections throughout the day while data analyst is able to view and download data in existing excel template format.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ABishop
MVP Regular Contributor

@DEI 

its the table to table tool in ArcMap or ArcGIS Pro.  I'm pretty sure that if you have your AGOL connection added in your ArcMap or ArcGIS Pro project, you can run this tool against the data AGOL to append your excel template.

Amanda Bishop, GISP
0 Kudos
DEI
by
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for your reply AmandaBishopMCPAFL,

I tried the table to table tool but it doesn't seem to have the functionality I'm looking for. From what I can tell, table to table will allow me to export to a new .csv within ArcGISPro or ArcMap but not append to existing excel (unless I'm doing something incorrectly). I would like to be able to append rows from a related table of inspections to an existing formatted excel spreadsheet within AGOL. 

0 Kudos
ABishop
MVP Regular Contributor

Do you want to get new data each time?  Or append to existing data in the excel template?  

If you want new data each time, just truncate and append the table using the truncate table tool and then append tool.  Not sure what format your excel spreadsheet is in, but you may have to import it into a file geodatabase using table to table tool in order to make it an acceptable format.

Amanda Bishop, GISP
0 Kudos