2010 Composite_US locator

10-06-2010 11:31 AM
AmandaHubele
New Contributor
I originally posted this under a different topic and received no replies. The Composite_US locator from the 2010 data is working but not giving me x,y coordinates for the addresses found using the Postal_US part of the locator. It is finding many of the street addresses but when it cant find the street address it will match the zip code and not give the coordinates. Has anyone else had issues with the Composite_US locator? Is there a quick fix? Ive been using the locator that came with the 2008 data in the meantime. Thanks!
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
BradNiemand
Esri Regular Contributor
This is a bug.  I can update the locator xml file and give you a new one so that it will work.  I will post it when I am finished.

Brad
0 Kudos
BradNiemand
Esri Regular Contributor
Try unzipping this locator xml file and replacing the one with the same name (make a copy of the original first though).  This should solve your problem.

Brad
0 Kudos
BrianLeroux
Occasional Contributor III
Brad,
I am getting an invalid zip file error when trying to unzip. Did it take much work to update te=he xml file? If not can you post the details?

Thanks.
0 Kudos
BradNiemand
Esri Regular Contributor
Are you using IE8 to download the zip file?  If so, do you have another web browser like Firefox or Chrome?  There seems to be an issue with zip files and downloading from IE8.  I can email it to you if you would like.

Brad
0 Kudos
AmandaHubele
New Contributor
Thank you so much Brad! I did a quick test and it looks like that fixed it. I will look at it in more detail tomorrow.

There was no error when I unzipped the file. It was fairly easy actually. I just pasted it right into the folder where all the data was.
0 Kudos
AmandaHubele
New Contributor
Bleroux- I used Firefox to download the file.
0 Kudos
BrianLeroux
Occasional Contributor III
I am downloading with IE7. I could not unzip directly with windows. I used JZip and was able to unzip. There is one file in the package that I see called Postal_US.loc. I renamed the old file in the streetmap_na\data folder and then replaced with the new file. ArcCatalog 10 does not recognize this locator any longer. Am I missing something? Thanks.

Update: It was an IE7 download issue. for some reason it was corrupting the download and I was not getting the xml file correctly. Everything is working wonderfully now. Thank you both.
0 Kudos
TracySchloss
Frequent Contributor
I'm having a similar issue.  The Postal_US locator can't be opened so I tried downloading this zip file.  It's telling me it's password protected and wants to know the password?

We're still on IE7.
0 Kudos
BradNiemand
Esri Regular Contributor
Unfortunately, you will need to use a different web browser to download the file.  If you give me your email address, I can also email it to you.

Brad
0 Kudos