Vertical coordinate system poster question ?

05-06-2020 06:09 AM
PROBERT68
Frequent Contributor

I was here in this group and browsing around and download this file (see attachment).  I think it was organized by ESRI and probably done by Melita Kennedy (?). I am not sure .....

My question here is if there is a similar to the one but for the vertical coordinate system ?

It would be a nice to have one and organize by ESRI to put up one that is easy for anyone to take a look at it .

Dan Patterson‌, Bojan Savric

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MelitaKennedy
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Robert! 

I don't see the attachment--maybe post a link? Is it the table of different map projections and their properties or the pdf file that lists projected coordinate systems, areas of use, etc? If it's the pdf file, look in the geographic coordinate systems pdf. That contains the vcs info too.

Melita

0 Kudos
BojanŠavrič
Esri Contributor

As Melita Kennedy‌ already mentioned, VCS-es are listed in ArcGIS Desktop and Server / ArcGIS Pro Geographic and Vertical Coordinate System Tables.

Map projections are a bit different than coordinate systems. They do not have many properties that can be marked Yes/No/Partially, like map projections do. Their list is also much longer and it keeps growing. However, I am open to ideas. What information would you be interested to see for available VCS-es?

Thanks.

0 Kudos