Information on the Coordinate Systems desktop install?

12-23-2016 11:37 AM
Labels (1)
curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Looking for more information about the optional install of coordinate systems. The What's new document for Desktop 10.5 document says this:

ArcGIS Coordinate Systems Data—Contains the data files required for the GEOCON transformation method and vertical transformation files for the United States (VERTCON and GEOID12B) and the world (EGM2008).

but I'm not seeing any discussion in the help documents for 10.5. I'm thinking some of our users may have need for this but I am having trouble finding more information. Is there an article, blog post, Esri UC session, or anything like that available that I can point my users to?

13 Replies
BojanŠavrič
Esri Contributor

Aaron Padilla, would this graphics help? Please let me know if it does not.

AaronPadilla
New Contributor

Yes this helps. I see that I do not have the page for Downloads under the My Organizations tab. Is this something that needs to be setup by the Admin for our ESRI organization?

0 Kudos
BojanŠavrič
Esri Contributor

I am not sure for certain, but I would start there. 

0 Kudos
curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I see that I do not have the page for Downloads under the My Organizations tab. Is this something that needs to be setup by the Admin for our ESRI organization?

Yes! Your My Esri org  admin needs to grant you access or download the data for you.