FIPS citation

04-01-2020 06:14 AM
JimCousins
MVP Regular Contributor

I am seeking a Citation for FIPS - Federal Information Processing Standard. Can anyone assist with this?

Regards,

Jim

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

Dr. Google returns a ton including this: Compliance FAQs: Federal Information Processing Standards (FIPS) | NIST 

Is that what you're looking for?

That should just about do it....
0 Kudos
JimCousins
MVP Regular Contributor

What I am actually seeking is a citation that I can use in a publication. Something along the lines of:

Environmental Systems Research Institute. Understanding Map Projections. Redlands, CA, Environmental Systems Research Institute, 2000.   

The basic form for a book citation is: Last Name, First Name. Title of Book. City of Publication, Publisher, Publication Date.

I am uncertain that ESRI is the publisher, and of the date. Copyright is for 1994 - 2000, so should the publication date be 1994?

I was hopeful that someone had used a reference to this in a paper, and could share their citation for this.

0 Kudos
JimCousins
MVP Regular Contributor

I should provide a link to my source for the information that I have:

Link to publication: http://downloads2.esri.com/support/documentation/ao_/710Understanding_Map_Projections.pdf

0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

Gotcha.  Sorry can't help...

That should just about do it....
0 Kudos
JimCousins
MVP Regular Contributor

Thanks regardless, Joe.

WE’VE MOVED! Please note our new address:

1801 Rockville Pike, Suite 220

Rockville, MD 20852

Jim Cousins

GIS Project Scientist

S.S. Papadopulos & Associates, Inc.<http://www.sspa.com/>

1801 Rockville Pike, Suite 220, Rockville, MD 20852

Direct: (301) 500-2271 | Office: (301) 718-8900

jcousins@sspa.com<mailto:jcousins@sspa.com>

PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL: This email and any attachments are intended only for the addressee(s) and may be confidential, proprietary, privileged, or otherwise protected by law from disclosure or use by a third party. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this message and its attachments, and destroy any electronic or hard copies that you may have created.

0 Kudos