How to create a signature

03-24-2021 08:58 AM
Labels (1)

How to create a signature

Please note before creating your signature:

• The signature feature is reserved for Esri staff and a limited selection of other members.
  • Your signature can be a maximum of three lines.
  • Do not use excessive styling, apply distracting colors and characters, or insert images.
  • Do not enter personal information like email addresses or phone numbers. Please follow our Community Guidelines for more information.

Creating a Signature for Your Posts

1. Click your profile menu, and select My settings
  2. Next, click the Personal Information tab.
  3. Enter your signature in the Signature box.

LeslieFountain_0-1616600573479.jpeg

LeslieFountain_1-1616600573512.jpeg

LeslieFountain_2-1616600573540.jpeg

Labels (1)
Comments

Just noticed that the Signature Box has been taken away from the Profile Settings, but the Profile in Progress badge still says to complete a signature to get 100%.

MelissaRuiz_TDEM_0-1659723419084.png

MelissaRuiz_TDEM_2-1659723474866.png

MelissaRuiz_TDEM_1-1659723456315.png

@Anonymous User 

رائع هذا شيئ جديد

No Signature box showing on my Personal Information panel. 

Hi @Jon_Johnson_Sr_Forester  — Thanks for letting us know that you're not seeing the expected Signature Line in your Account Settings. You have the correct role of Active User and we've run a test on another account to make sure that field hasn't gone missing broadly. I'd love to dig into this further for you to get it resolved. When you have a moment, could you email our team directly at esricommunity@esri.com while referencing this conversation and sending a screen shot of your My Settings > Personal Information page? Thank you! 

@MelissaRuiz_TxDEM, so sorry for the delayed response! It looks like you had published this post the same day you created your Esri Community account. Is that correct? If so, you wouldn't have had an Active User role at the time. You now have the right credentials and the option to create a Signature should have appeared in your My Settings > Personal Information area. 

Would you mind taking a look and letting us know if that's all set? You can @mention me directly in your response to make sure I get a notification.

@JesseCloutier It seems to have resolved itself. I see it now upon going to the setting panel today.

That's great to hear, @Jon_Johnson_Sr_Forester. Thank you for following up to confirm!

I do not see an option to add a signature under "Personal Information". Is there some other setting I need to change?

@Anonymous User @JesseCloutier 

@Katie_Clark, we've just made an update that corrects this in testing. Please try again when you have a moment and let us know if you find it's still not there for you.

@JesseCloutier Yes, it's there now. Thanks!

I do not see an option to add a signature under "Personal Information". How do I know if I am an active user? 🙂 

Hi @EmelieBoström, I've checked on your account and you're indeed an Active User. This is back end information and isn't something you'd be able to see yourself, but most Esri Community members fall into this category. When you say that the Signature field is missing, what appears for you just below your Last Name field in this section of your settings?: Personal Information Settings

Hi @JesseCloutier 
Now it appears! It wasn't there when I asked but now it is 🙂 Thank you!

EmelieBostrm_0-1681386365663.png

Glad to hear that's showed up for you, @EmelieBoström! Do reach out again if you ever have questions about using Esri Community. 

Just noticed that the Signature Box has been taken away from the Profile Settings, but the Profile in Progress badge still says to complete a signature to get 100%.

Kamal_Eldeen_4-1686880574397.png

Kamal_Eldeen_3-1686880504794.png

Kamal_Eldeen_2-1686880381509.png

@JesseCloutier

Hi @Kamal_Eldeen, I think I may have located the issue: Your Esri Community account wasn't verified. Verification is an optional step in the account creation process that some users unintentionally miss. While not being verified doesn't affect some member actions within Esri Community, it is required for others, including having a signature. I've just turned verification on for your account—please go ahead and check on the settings again. If the option still isn't there for you, please let me know. Otherwise, all the best!  

Hello, I haven't the Signature box in my profile. What can I do to add a signature ?

Hi @JasonBOCQUET, the Signature feature has been turned off for most account types as a spam prevention measure. Sorry about that! Sadly, we discovered that some accounts were making use of it to get around our automated spam filter and insert content prohibited in our Esri Community Guidelines

Hi @JesseCloutier so it's impossible to have the badge 100% profile completed ? 

in the "Profile in Progress" Badge it writed this : 

JasonBOCQUET_0-1706797492846.png

so how to reach the 100% now ?

@JasonBOCQUET You are correct that it's not currently possible for most users to achieve the Profile Completed badge at the moment. Our team is working on an alternate solution to address this and will update the Documentation when that has been completed. Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

Version history
Last update:
‎08-02-2023 01:09 PM
Updated by:
Contributors