Select to view content in your preferred language

Search bar obscures profile picklist

07-01-2022 07:21 AM
Bud
by
Esteemed Contributor

Why does the search bar in the search page obscure my profile picklist?

Bud_0-1656685221097.png

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

It's not really a "page", it's just div that pops up with a z-index of 100 and covers everything else on the current page. Well, almost everything... My content auto-saving is important!

jcarlson_0-1656686078574.png

The actual search page is a bit different.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Oh! The user dropdown has a z-index of 1000. So it rendering beneath the search div actually seems like something running counter to the site's design, and might be a bug.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
SimiBasu
Esri Community Manager

Thank you @Bud , @jcarlson., @JesseCloutier  for bringing this. I am working with our vendor to see if this might be a bug. Are you able to provide me a screen recording of the steps that you are taking so we can replicate in staging and investigate this. Thank you for your support. Thanks Simi

0 Kudos
Bud
by
Esteemed Contributor

I don't have a way to easily do screen recording. But I imagine it would be easy for you to reproduce on your end.

0 Kudos
SimiBasu
Esri Community Manager

Thank you Bud. I was able to replicate and am working with the vendor on this. Will keep you posted.

Best Regards,

Simi Basu |Community Operations Manager

0 Kudos
JesseCloutier
Esri Community Manager

Thanks for bringing this up @Bud and @jcarlson. I'll bring it back to our Community Team to look into whether the search bar is misbehaving and what the options are. All the best!

Jesse Cloutier
Community Manager, Engagement & Content
SimiBasu
Esri Community Manager

Hi @Bud  @jcarlson @JesseCloutier this bug has been fixed. Could you verify and let me know if you still see any issues.

Thank you

Simi

0 Kudos
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Looks good to me!

jcarlson_0-1658251662446.png

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
Bud
by
Esteemed Contributor