Not allowed to post images?

Jump to solution
11-15-2020 07:19 PM
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

In addition to not being able to set a signature, I seem to be lacking some privilege related to posting photos.

I'd post a picture of what I mean, but, well.

It's attached to the post.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MichelleMathias
Esri Community Manager

@jcarlson  try now, there was an issue with your account and the correct permissions roles were not applied. you should now see the option to add an image. Please confirm. thank you.

Michelle Mathias
Manager, Community Experience & Programs

View solution in original post

6 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Seems to work for meSeems to work for me

@MichelleMathias a couple of complaints on this and I noticed that one of your docs is still undergoing a "virus scan" like the one below..

The "add_images.png" was added after... when I edited the original post.  "Sad minion" was added when I initially created the post... seems add the image after might be the issue

... sort of retired...
Tags (2)
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

add_images.png

this is "add_images.png" which is the  attachment created in edit mode

If you use the Insert Photos when initially created, the photo/image works and doesn't resort to an attachment

... sort of retired...
MichelleMathias
Esri Community Manager

@jcarlson  Dan is correct, to embed/ add image into your post, you need to use the add photo option in the text editor.

We are investigating the virus scan issue, is cleared today and you can access the attachments loaded yesterday ( I think because our virus scan runs overnight, so I need to look into  that and see how we can adjust it so it does not delay the opening of an attachments)

Thank you.

Michelle Mathias
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I noticed my toolbar was not expanded in my initial post. Please refer to the following attachment, in which no such icon exists in my post editor.

I'd like to un-mark this as solved, due to that.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
MichelleMathias
Esri Community Manager

@jcarlson  try now, there was an issue with your account and the correct permissions roles were not applied. you should now see the option to add an image. Please confirm. thank you.

Michelle Mathias
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

thumbs up!thumbs up!

Thanks, Michelle!

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS