Select to view content in your preferred language

Broken Link on Products Landing Page

Jump to solution
04-03-2024 03:39 PM
MErikReedAugusta
Occasional Contributor III

If you try to browse the different board subjects here, one of the links is broken, which makes it incredibly tedious to manually navigate to the ArcGIS Pro boards.

MErikReedAugusta_0-1712183729211.png

From the "Products" page, clicking "Foundational" (which used to be called "Core" until a week or three ago) should take you to a subpage that has only a half-dozen options.  From memory, I think it was ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Online, and a couple others.

Currently, though, it leads to a broken page with no entries:

MErikReedAugusta_1-1712183788387.png

As a result, you have to navigate to Page 3 of that original landing page so that Page 4 will show up in the list, and then navigate to Page 4, which has ArcGIS Pro & ArcGIS Online, because the only list where those two show up is the list of everything under the "Products" heading.

For two of what seem to be the most active boards here, it's mildly annoying to have to jump through so many hoops to pull them up, especially since this just seems like a bug in the forum software.

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
BernSzukalski
Esri Frequent Contributor

The Community team is aware of this, the glitch was introduced during an upgrade and they are working to resolve the issue. 

In the meanwhile, you'll have to page through all product communities to find the one(s) you want. I've bookmarked mine for easy access, and know that ArcGIS Living Atlas is on page 3, ArcGIS Online is on page 4...

View solution in original post

JesseCloutier
Esri Community Manager

Thanks for jumping in to help explain, @BernSzukalski@MErikReedAugusta, it's correct that we're aware of the issue and are working on it but do apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime. In addition to that, Esri recently made some adjustments to product category names which is why you're seeing some changes like Core --> Foundational.

Bern's suggestion about bookmarking Places that you frequent is a good one and I encourage that as well. There is, however, also an easier way to find Places and Boards besides browsing the entire list of options. You can type the Place or Board you're looking for into the search bar and then filter by Places on the results page as shown here:

Finding Places-Boards Using Search Field.gif

All the best!

Jesse Cloutier
Community Manager, Engagement & Content

View solution in original post

2 Replies
BernSzukalski
Esri Frequent Contributor

The Community team is aware of this, the glitch was introduced during an upgrade and they are working to resolve the issue. 

In the meanwhile, you'll have to page through all product communities to find the one(s) you want. I've bookmarked mine for easy access, and know that ArcGIS Living Atlas is on page 3, ArcGIS Online is on page 4...

JesseCloutier
Esri Community Manager

Thanks for jumping in to help explain, @BernSzukalski@MErikReedAugusta, it's correct that we're aware of the issue and are working on it but do apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime. In addition to that, Esri recently made some adjustments to product category names which is why you're seeing some changes like Core --> Foundational.

Bern's suggestion about bookmarking Places that you frequent is a good one and I encourage that as well. There is, however, also an easier way to find Places and Boards besides browsing the entire list of options. You can type the Place or Board you're looking for into the search bar and then filter by Places on the results page as shown here:

Finding Places-Boards Using Search Field.gif

All the best!

Jesse Cloutier
Community Manager, Engagement & Content