Tools & Tips: Using the Top Collaborators Widget

08-23-2024 10:33 AM
Labels (1)
JesseCloutier
Esri Community Manager
3 0 205

Esri Community’s Tools & Tips series provides a power-packed serving of “How-To” every month. These micro-sized guides make it easy to level up your platform knowledge and get more out of Esri Community.

The value: The Top Collaborators widget displays how many Accepted Solutions (confirmed answers on Question posts) individual members have provided, ranked by most to least for the last year. This widget appears on the Esri Community Home Page, on Place landing pages, and in Questions Boards. Results are hierarchical, displaying only those associated within the scope of the area in which they’re viewed (e.g.- In a given Questions Board, only Accepted Solutions within that Questions Board are reflected whereas on the Esri Community Home Page, Accepted Solutions for all Questions Boards are reflected). In addition to promoting the achievements of participation in the platform, this information can provide insights regarding who is most active in answering others’ questions.

How to do it: From either the Esri Community Home Page, a Place landing page, or an individual Questions Board, scroll down until you locate the Top Collaborators widget on the right-hand side. This will display up to ten members and the number of their Accepted Solutions for the past year. Select the Top Collaborators title to open a dashboard with complete results, including options to filter results by different time frames.

2024.08_Tools & Tips_Top Collaborators Widget_02_GIF.gif

Process for locating and opening the Top Collaborators widget

Keep in mind: While User Groups may contain Questions Boards and the capability to mark responses as Accepted Solutions, they do not contain Top Collaborators widgets or contribute to results in the Esri Community Home Page’s Top Collaborators widget.

About the Author
I'm a Community Manager focused on Engagement & Content here at Esri. My guiding ethos is that community — people coming together around shared purpose, demonstrating collective support, and collaborating in mutually beneficial ways — is the most powerful source for progress in the world. I'm at your service as we make great things happen through GIS.