Install ArcGIS Enterprise on Google Cloud

10-27-2017 06:10 AM
TimHaverland4
New Contributor III

Hi,

I see that Esri has machine images for cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services.

What about Google Cloud? I see that Windows and Red Hat Linux servers can be provisioned on the Google Cloud.

Has anyone implemented ArcGIS Enterprise on this cloud platform? Doing a search here on GeoNet and on Google  reveals little to no evidence of it.  

Thanks!

Tim

5 Replies
TimHaverland4
New Contributor III

Months later and no response ... safe to assume nobody has deployed ArcGIS Server/Portal on the Google cloud?

Is it not possible? Or nobody bothers because there are plenty of resources for Azure/AWS?

deleted-user-dbKAwdfOivNU
New Contributor

Tim, 

I have been tasked with creating an Arc Enterprise deployment in a cloud environment and have also been looking at google since they are about half the price as AWS.  I know there is some "conflict" between ESRI and Google due to Google Earth, but cloud server wise, i dont see how it would matter.  A linux server instance is the same machine regardless if it runs in AWS/Azure/Google...I think. Did you go with google, do you have any insights.

Thanks, Mike 

0 Kudos
TimHaverland4
New Contributor III

Hi Mike,

Thanks for giving this a bump. Indeed, you're right, you CAN use Google cloud for deploying ArcGIS Enterprise. Just for fun I did it myself and had no issues, although I used Windows server instances. At the latest Esri Federal GIS conference I asked the Esri cloud folks if there were any limitations to using the Google cloud platform. They said "no limits" and they focus on AWS/Azure because that's what customers are asking for.

Cheers,

Tim

0 Kudos
deleted-user-dbKAwdfOivNU
New Contributor

Tim, thanks for the response. That helped answer some uncertainty. Still deciding on configuration details, but good to know the host is a non-issue.

Mike

Mike Houts

WAFWA LPC RWP

Sent from my phone,

Please excuse brevity and typos

0 Kudos
EddBlaine
New Contributor III

Hi Tim,

This is a rather "ancient" conversation at this point. Did you ever end up implementing a live Google Cloud-based ArcGIS Enterprise environment? I plan on moving an inhouse ArcGIS federated environment to the cloud over the next 6 months or so and didn't want to rule Google out as an option...

Edd

0 Kudos