Select to view content in your preferred language

Vector Tile Layer Display in Story Map?

09-17-2018 04:13 PM
deleted-user-LNABNwA5CZcD
New Contributor III

I have a story map I'm creating referencing the Hurricane Florence flooding in the Carolinas. Admittedly not as experienced with story maps.

I have the 500-year floodplain as a hosted vector tile layer. It shows up fine in the web map, but I can't get it to show up in the story map (map series builder). I'd like to have it as its own tab. I tried moving it to the basemap, too. Still, I can't get it to show up. The feature shapefile is hundreds of megabytes (even dissolved together), so I really need to get it to render quickly in the form of a vector tile if possible, ideally also showing up in the legend.

Help!

Thank you!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
MichaelSchoelen
Occasional Contributor III

A few possibilities:

Sharing

• Check to ensure that your webmap, story map, and data are all shared to the correct audience (i.e. Public). You can check all of these sharing controls at once from the Content tab

Full Cache or Rendering Issues

• It is possible that your layer is too large, and is filling up the cache. Try opening it in a different browser.
  • If using Google Chrome, hit F12. Look at the Sources and Performance tabs for more insight.
New Contributor III

Started upload over from scratch. Seems to work now. Odd.
Maybe you could help me with one other thing -- how do you get a vector tile layer to show up in the legend?

0 Kudos
MichaelSchoelen
Occasional Contributor III

In the web map editor, expand the options under the vector layer in the Table of Contents. There should be an option called “Show in Legend”

0 Kudos
New Contributor III

Yeah, I see that for other layers but not this one. Is the lack of corresponding feature layer the problem? If so, would including that cause it to lag badly?

0 Kudos