Select to view content in your preferred language

Self Hosted StoryMap Points

Jump to solution
04-03-2014 03:23 PM
BondHarper
Occasional Contributor II
Hi all,

I have a Story Map template set up on our server. I am referencing a public web map on ArcGIS Online for the base map, but I can't include my tour layer points on the web map because they contain sensitive information (the resulting story map is only going to be on our internal corporate network). Can I just use my local CSV file on the server for the point data? It is all set up with coordinates and image links. If so, how do I do that?

Thanks for any guidance!
🙂
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GregoryL_Azou
Regular Contributor II
In Web Map  Viewer you can reference a CSV hosted on any server using Add > Add layer from Web > CSV.

The CSV will never be downloaded in ArcGIS Online. When you load your Map Tour that use that webmap, the app will access the CSV. When you do that you will not be able to edit data with the builder, only the general settings like the layout will be available.

Your webmap still reference your CSV so if your server is public your data can be found. But if your server is only available from inside your company, that's a really good option.

If your server is public, I think you don't have any other option than modifying the source code to load the data yourself...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
GregoryL_Azou
Regular Contributor II
In Web Map  Viewer you can reference a CSV hosted on any server using Add > Add layer from Web > CSV.

The CSV will never be downloaded in ArcGIS Online. When you load your Map Tour that use that webmap, the app will access the CSV. When you do that you will not be able to edit data with the builder, only the general settings like the layout will be available.

Your webmap still reference your CSV so if your server is public your data can be found. But if your server is only available from inside your company, that's a really good option.

If your server is public, I think you don't have any other option than modifying the source code to load the data yourself...
0 Kudos
BondHarper
Occasional Contributor II
Thanks Gregory! That was the solution I needed. Just was missing that little bit.
0 Kudos