iPhone uploads for crowdsource map having issues

Jump to solution
05-14-2017 09:25 PM
ClaudiaEspinosa
New Contributor II

I am doing a crowdsourced map of U2's current tour. Several fans have told me they cannot load the map while on Safari (keep getting a black screen) AND that they can't load pics.

The pic issues happens even when the privacy settings for the camera are set to share (I read a post from a while ago)

The bigger issue is the map not loading. This is happening to different people, on different carriers, and for one, it loaded one day. then not, then yes.  Any ideas?

thank you

Claudia

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
StephenSylvia
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Claudia, Are you still having this same issue? We just tested your story with a couple different iPhones (old and new) as well as an iPad and desktop safari and could not reproduce the map not loading.

I checked the ArcGIS health dashboard and noticed the hosted feature service were reporting some intermittent issues a few days ago that has since been resolved. All the points and photos in that app live in a hosted feature service so it's possible the app failed to load because the feature service could not be loaded.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
StephenSylvia
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Claudia, Are you still having this same issue? We just tested your story with a couple different iPhones (old and new) as well as an iPad and desktop safari and could not reproduce the map not loading.

I checked the ArcGIS health dashboard and noticed the hosted feature service were reporting some intermittent issues a few days ago that has since been resolved. All the points and photos in that app live in a hosted feature service so it's possible the app failed to load because the feature service could not be loaded.

0 Kudos
ClaudiaEspinosa
New Contributor II

Hi Stephen

Thanks, that  might be it.

Also some feedback, anyway to make the picture submissions full screen (at least on a desktop) some of the pictures submitted are SO beautiful. It is a shame to only see them in their tiny version. Maybe a toggle switch one can click on when the pic is panoramic?