Error loading Map Journal

Jump to solution
03-08-2017 09:41 AM
FormulaScienzaNews
New Contributor

I am trying to load my App, but I get the message: Something went wrong, the Map Journal did not load correctly. Have you please some suggestion?

URL: http://www.arcgis.com/apps/MapJournal/index.html?appid=0462439623b643f0be6419a1c75ea53f 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor

Hi, Sorry about the issue. 

The first thing to try is to sign-in to My Stories on the Story Maps website: and then click on the entry for this story to expand it (or click the Check Stories button to check all your stories at once). That will check this story for issues and it will give messages if it finds issues such as if an ArcGIS Online web map that is displayed in the story has been deleted or unshared or is not loading for some reason, or if an image used in the story can't be found.

Note that My Stories doesn't check for whether ArcGIS Online web scenes referenced from a story map are missing, unshared or broken, so if the Map Journal contains any 3D content, be sure to check each scene to see if can be accessed.

Rupert

View solution in original post

1 Reply
RupertEssinger
Frequent Contributor

Hi, Sorry about the issue. 

The first thing to try is to sign-in to My Stories on the Story Maps website: and then click on the entry for this story to expand it (or click the Check Stories button to check all your stories at once). That will check this story for issues and it will give messages if it finds issues such as if an ArcGIS Online web map that is displayed in the story has been deleted or unshared or is not loading for some reason, or if an image used in the story can't be found.

Note that My Stories doesn't check for whether ArcGIS Online web scenes referenced from a story map are missing, unshared or broken, so if the Map Journal contains any 3D content, be sure to check each scene to see if can be accessed.

Rupert