Select to view content in your preferred language

Configure Web Map

10-05-2014 11:54 AM
natashaGregory-Michelman
Deactivated User

I want to get to the Configure step to create a story Map and I don't see how to access the Story Map templates. The account I am using is a generic account_does that have anything to do with this?

Thankyou for any advice.

Natasha

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RupertEssinger
Esri Alum

There are a range of story map application templates, so you'll have to let us know which one you want to make.

You can build a Map Tour, Map Journal or Swipe/Spyglass story map directly from the Apps list on the Story Maps website: App List | Story Maps . On that page, click the 'Build' link next to the story map app you want to use. That page lists all of the story map application templates and also has  step-by-step instructions for each of them.

To create a story map from inside ArcGIS Online, make sure you are logged in with any account type (you can't make a story map unless you are logged in), open the web map you want to use so you are looking at the map in the ArcGIS.com map viewer, then press the Share button and then in the dialog that appears choose the 'Share As Application' button. Then in the gallery of application templates that appears, click Publish next to the application template you want to use.

natashaGregory-Michelman
Deactivated User

Thankyou Mr Essinger I'm trying to learn how to make Story Maps and Map Tours so that we can have a more robust presence online in our Org_AWF.

I figured out the "Share" step to get access to the templates.  This was very helpful.

Thankyou for your time and effort. I guess it'll take practise like anything else.

Natasha

0 Kudos