Can view but cannot edit crowdsource app

Jump to solution
03-17-2017 03:59 AM
LauraBertran
New Contributor III

Hi guys,

I have this story map crowdsource, and for the last couple of days I haven't been able to edit it. I can access and check the information as a regular user, but once I click on "Edit story" the button "Explore Map" doesn't load, and I cannot get past the welcome image. I need to be able to edit the story in order to be able to approve new contributions.

The day before yesterday I had no trouble when editing the story, and I haven't made any changes to the app or the map. Any tips?

Thanks,

Laura

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
StephenSylvia
Esri Regular Contributor

It looks like you've modified the the app outside the builder so it has additional. One of the contributions (FID = 31), contains an invalid character (line break at after text) in the new author field you added. Because of this, the feature service exports invalid JSON which break all apps that attempt to read this JSON including ArcGIS Online and the crowdsource app. These apps will freeze their execution when they encounter this feature. To fix this, you'll need to delete or edit this feature to remove that character.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
StephenSylvia
Esri Regular Contributor

It looks like you've modified the the app outside the builder so it has additional. One of the contributions (FID = 31), contains an invalid character (line break at after text) in the new author field you added. Because of this, the feature service exports invalid JSON which break all apps that attempt to read this JSON including ArcGIS Online and the crowdsource app. These apps will freeze their execution when they encounter this feature. To fix this, you'll need to delete or edit this feature to remove that character.