Can't Upload Pictures for Story Map Tour

Jump to solution
10-18-2016 01:16 PM
KevinLydy
New Contributor

I am trying to create a story map tour but it is not letting me upload pictures, even though I have an ArcGIS account.  The Map Tour Building has the upload option grayed out, saying it is only available with an ArcGIS online subscription, which I have and am currently logged into.  I am trying to create a map similar to the linked map below:

http://story.maps.arcgis.com/apps/MapTour/index.html?appid=c50be5615f024cc482ccb88222a8719d

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Kevin,

Sorry you are having an issue building a Map Tour. If you are using an organizational/subscription account then it's possible you don't have sufficient permissions. To be able to create a Map Tour by uploading photos you'll need to be in a Publisher role (or be in a custom role that is able to publish hosted feature layers and create, update, and delete content).

This is because your account needs to be able to authorize the Map Tour builder to create and update a feature service to store photos in your ArcGIS account. If you don't have these permissions you can still create a map tour but will have to use photos that are already on the web (like on Flickr or your own web server).

Owen

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

1 Reply
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Kevin,

Sorry you are having an issue building a Map Tour. If you are using an organizational/subscription account then it's possible you don't have sufficient permissions. To be able to create a Map Tour by uploading photos you'll need to be in a Publisher role (or be in a custom role that is able to publish hosted feature layers and create, update, and delete content).

This is because your account needs to be able to authorize the Map Tour builder to create and update a feature service to store photos in your ArcGIS account. If you don't have these permissions you can still create a map tour but will have to use photos that are already on the web (like on Flickr or your own web server).

Owen

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps