Select to view content in your preferred language

FEMA 500 year floodplain base elevations

11-05-2018 02:07 PM
JasonSorrels
Emerging Contributor

I'm trying to find a database or table that can be brought into ARCMap that has the base elevations for Cross sections of the 500 year floodplain for Harris County Texas. I have looked everywhere and the only thing I can find to help you lookup the elevations is a FEMA FIS table in PDF format where you have to identify each cross section and look it up on the table manually.  It would be of great help if I could find this information in a database or excel spreadsheet that I can bring into ARCMap and join to the layer. If anyone could point me in the right direction it would be very appreciated.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Jason,

Have you checked with the Harris County offices for this? Also, have you looked into FEMA's data for this info? And maybe the State of Texas has a repository for this kind of information as well (I know Utah does, but not sure on Texas).

JasonSorrels
Emerging Contributor

I have checked with FEMA, HCFCD and HGAC to see if they have the Base flood elevations for the 500 year floodplain cross sections included in a database somewhere. Unfortunately all I have been able to find is the base flood elevations for the 100 year floodplain cross sections. They do offer an FIS lookup table but that requires locating the panel on a table in PDF format and manually finding the elevations for the 500 year cross sections.

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Hmmm, sounds like someone may need to be the first person to create this dataset. Could be a fun one! 

0 Kudos