Select to view content in your preferred language

Calculation rule question

10-29-2023 02:44 PM
HNTZK46
New Contributor III

Hi all, I have a question regarding calculation rule to insert features to Data B upon the new insert of features on Data A. The point of my question is, can we create a rule on Data B to achieve this instead of Data A?

For example, when new features are created on Data A, I would like to add the new features to Data B as well.  I understand that we can achieve this by creating a calculation rule on Data A but just wondering if we can achieve this by creating the rule on Data B instead of Data A.

Thank you,

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

No, the calculation rule on Data B is not triggered with an update on Data A. 
In a large database it will cost a lot of time to check all other feature classes for potential relevant attribute rules for each update on a feature class. 
Plus, it would result in a very complicated design and maintenance pattern. How would you know which feature classes will respond on a feature update in Data A if this is not administered with Data A?

0 Kudos
JesseCloutier
Esri Community Manager

For record keeping: The above Anonymous User post from 10/30/2023 is from account @Pieter_Geertvan_den_Beukel.

Jesse Cloutier
Community Manager, Engagement & Content
0 Kudos
HNTZK46
New Contributor III

Thanks Jesse, for your record keeping.

0 Kudos
HNTZK46
New Contributor III

Thanks Pieter for your response to my question. As I thought, there is no way to achieve that according to your explanation.

0 Kudos