Select to view content in your preferred language

Open .PMF from ArcMap 10.1 in ArcReader 10.0 Compatible Yet?

07-30-2013 10:10 AM
ModernElectric
Occasional Contributor III
Greetings-

Having a hard time getting a straight answer on this problem. Does ArcMap 10.1 Service Pack 1 fix the issue with creating a .PMF in ArcMap 10.1 and having the ability to open it in ArcReader 10? I have ArcReader installed on about a dozen machines in my company and will be a pain to go to each one and uninstall 10 and install 10.1 for ArcReader. I want to use ArcMap 10.1 because of the new features, but my operations and engineering staff relies on ArcReader.

Or - is there a patch I cannot find?

Thanks
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
ModernElectric
Occasional Contributor III
I was doing some more research on ESRI and I didn't get a chance to go to the International User Conference this year - but saw that ArcMap 10.2 is now out. Did they fix this issue with this new release? Can I install ArcMap 10.2 on my local machine and create a .PMF that can be opened in ArcReader 10.0?

Greetings-

Having a hard time getting a straight answer on this problem. Does ArcMap 10.1 Service Pack 1 fix the issue with creating a .PMF in ArcMap 10.1 and having the ability to open it in ArcReader 10? I have ArcReader installed on about a dozen machines in my company and will be a pain to go to each one and uninstall 10 and install 10.1 for ArcReader. I want to use ArcMap 10.1 because of the new features, but my operations and engineering staff relies on ArcReader.

Or - is there a patch I cannot find?

Thanks
0 Kudos
NidhinKarthikeyan
Regular Contributor II
Hi,

.pmf from ArcMap 10.1 is not compatible with ArcReader 10.0. However .pmf from ArcMap 10.2 will work in ArcReader 10.1.

Regards,
0 Kudos