Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcReader Printing Issue

03-12-2014 07:48 AM
JasonBrown
Occasional Contributor
Hello All,

I AM CURRENTLY ENJOYING THE ESRI EXPERIENCE OVERALL - Unfortunately printing from ArcReader 10.2.1 is not part of the enjoyment. Please refer to the images below:

How the printed document should look -

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32150[/ATTACH]

How it actually prints -

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32151[/ATTACH]

This occurs on any workstation, to any printer, from any ArcReader project published from ArcGIS.

What am I missing?

THANKS!
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: jonathbenz

I am running XP and the printers are on a network. I can print to them from ArcGIS but not from ArcReader. I think it has something to do with the OS because it works fine in Windows 2000. Does anyone have any ideas on a fix for XP?
0 Kudos
JasonBrown
Occasional Contributor
I am running XP and the printers are on a network. I can print to them from ArcGIS but not from ArcReader. I think it has something to do with the OS because it works fine in Windows 2000. Does anyone have any ideas on a fix for XP?

I apologize - I should have posted our solution to this issue.  We found that Ricoh PCS Director was the culprit.  Apparently this add in is designed to enhance your printing experience with Ricoh printers - but all it really did was cause more grey hair.  If you're connected to Ricoh printers, check that you don't have this add in installed.  If so, uninstall, and enjoy printing from ArcReader again.

Jason
0 Kudos