Why does arcmap crash immediately using Get Data For ArcPad?

05-10-2017 07:15 AM
E_Hamilton
New Contributor

When I attempt to check out shapefiles (I'm using data collected several years ago) located in a file geodatabase in ArcPad Manager, ArcMap crashes immediately--no spinning circles, just "ArcMap has stopped working." I have tried every configuration possible: checking out for disconnected editing, background data (shapefile), background data (axf), read-only, editable, etc. I tried repairing ArcGis. I have migrated my shapefiles into a file geodatabase through import and through Conversion tools, in case that was the problem. Get Data for ArcPad does work, however, if I use nice, clean, small files downloaded from the "Getting to Know ArcGis" practice files. Any suggestions? I can't think of anything else to try. I am using ArcMap 10.4 and ArcPad 10.2, in Windows 10.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Cody_Davis
New Contributor

Hey, I'm having the exact same problem went through the same steps you did to fix this and haven't had any luck. Did you figure it out?

0 Kudos
StephenQuan1
Esri Contributor

I would like to get repro steps. But in the meantime what happens if u convert your data first to a personal gdb?

0 Kudos
E_Hamilton
New Contributor

Sorry for the delay in replying to this. After much back-and-forthing with a nice person at ESRI (in which he was baffled as well), he sent me a clean copy of ArcPad and I reinstalled it. The procedure worked after that, at least for this problem. There are others....

0 Kudos