QuickCapture no longer works as intended

10-01-2015 03:13 PM
ThomasCortez
New Contributor

Hi Folks, we use the Panasonic FZ-G1 toughpad (Win7) w/ ArcPad 10.2 and we use it for field data collection.  A custom form has been developed for the data collection.  The capture functionality is used when we find something in the field that isn't in our DB, hence we capture it.  Normally, the form would open, however, now it's asking for a "ID" on the asset in the field we are wanting to capture.  This is random, and just started happening.  Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Tom

0 Kudos
1 Reply
HannahFerrier
Occasional Contributor III

Hello Thomas,

There is not much information I can give as I have not seen your custom form, and I cannot think of any reason (apart from changes in the form and/or data) that would cause this change in behavior. Some changes that could have been made include:

- Related tables have been added to your data. You will need to enter an ID if the field is being used as part of a relationship key with related tables. ArcPad requires a value for the parent item before it can attach any child records in the related table.

- QuickFields are being used to increment the ID. You can set QuickFields (ArcPad Help) in ArcPad to have auto-incrementing ID's, but you will be prompted for a starting value when you collect your first feature.

- The form has been updated and the ID field has been set as required.

I'm not sure how helpful this is, but I hope it can point you in the right direction.

- Hannah

0 Kudos