Quick Fields for ArcPad on Windows Mobile

06-29-2016 05:23 AM
GISDepartment7
New Contributor II

Hey,

I am trying to create Quick Fields to automatically generate certain fields for a feature. It seems however that you cannot go into Design Mode to create these Quick Fields for Windows Mobile.

Could someone point me into the direction on the procedure to carry out this task?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RobCahalan
New Contributor III

Design mode cannot be accessed on the Windows Mobile device. You can go into design mode on the ArcPad for Windows (on the PC) and set up your project. Then the MyArcPad file needs to be transferred to the Mobile device.

GISDepartment7
New Contributor II

Thanks

0 Kudos
JuanLuera
Occasional Contributor III

Robert,

As Robert mentioned above, the Design Mode is only accessible on the desktop and not the device but once you make your changes on the desktop. Each expression is stored in a file called ArcPadExpressions.apx. TheArcPadExpressions.apx file must always accompany the ArcPadPrefs.apx file. By default, both of these files are located in the My Document\My ArcPad folder. If you place your ArcPadPrefs.apx file somewhere other than the default location (for example, in a project folder along with an app shortcut), ensure that you place the ArcPadExpressions.apx file in the same location. I hope this helps on what you are looking to have on the device. Gracias, Robert!

Juan

0 Kudos