Select to view content in your preferred language

Problem with ArcPad and Subtypes Default Values

06-04-2012 11:12 AM
BarryKogan
Emerging Contributor
I am trying to create a feature class to collect tree species in an Urban Forest.

Working in a personal geodatabase I created a point feature class and created Fields for Genus, Species, and common names.

I then created subtypes for some of the genus (i wanted to check everything before adding them all), and created domains for genus with multiple species.

I set a default species for genus' that have only one possible species in our woodland.

I added everything to a map and used the GPS analyst  tool to checkout the feature class into arc pad.

The default values are not working in arcpad, though they worked when I used arcmap. It seems like some are suggesting that default values are not supported by arcpad. Is this true? Is there a way to fix this without creating a domain of one species for all the genus that only have one relevant species in them?

I am still early enough in the process that I can start over. I just want an easy way to collect some 40 trees species from about 25-30 Genus
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
HannahFerrier
Deactivated User
Have you tried setting the default value on the FIELD instead of using the SUBTYPE DEFAULT??

Subtype defaults are not supported in the current version of ArcPad, but field defaults that the subtype is linked to are supported.

The Dev Team is aware of this current limitation and recommend the use of field defaults as a workaround....

🙂  Hannah
0 Kudos