Losing Tracklog Files

06-26-2014 10:22 AM
RonWilson1
New Contributor
Let's say I want to capture 2 tracklog files, which I will name track 1 and track 2.  I start ArcPad 10, open a map, activate the GPS, and then start the GPS Tracklog in the dropdown menu.  I then open the layer properties and double click on GPS Tracklog.  I then give the first track the name "Track 1".  I move around and capture several track points.  I then click on GPS Tracklog again in the dropdown menu to stop the current tracklog.  I deactivate the GPS and then close ArcPad.  Later I repeat all steps above and try to start a new tracklog file, which I name "Track 2".  After collecting some track points I once again close out of ArcPad and save the map file.

When I get home, I go to download the 2 track files and the only one I find is "Track 1", but the points that are in that file were actually those from "Track 2".  What's happening here?  I never had trouble with this last year and I was using the same version of ArcPad?  I've tried using the "CLEAR" button and not using it, but it doesn't seem to matter.

Thanks,

Ron
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
0 Replies