Select to view content in your preferred language

Field to Finish - Geo7+Positions+ArcPad to ArcMap+Positions Add-In

09-10-2014 02:53 PM
Golder_GISAnchorage
Deactivated User

Hello!

So I'll start with saying that I read the User Guides, and searched, and can't find my answer..

I'm new to all of this, but have experienced Arc users on hand.

I collected data using a Geo7 with the latest versions of ArcPad and Trimble Positions. Used ArcMap Trimble Positions Add-in to import the QuickProject and corrected it. Everything we smoothly, but now I am faced with how to get the corrected features INTO my ArcMap environment as a finished product...The guides don't tell me how (that I can find). I didn't check anything out, so there is no AXF to deal with. This is all in-field collected data (points and lines) and I want to bring it into my map.

I can 'View Features' through the Positions Desktop Window, but now I want them IN the mxd, and I can't figure out for the life of me how to do that....all the map shows are the sessions rectangles.

Can anyone help in this regard? It's the only thing that I am stuck on 😕

Matthew

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AlisonWalker
Regular Contributor

Hi Matthew,

When you use the Import QuickProject, it imports the data into a geodatabase (either one specified by you or it builds one for you depending on which option you choose).  If that was successful, then your field data should be located in that database, and you should be able to add it to any map.

Alison

0 Kudos
Golder_GISAnchorage
Deactivated User

Thanks, Alison, I'll take a peek into that database and see!

0 Kudos