Crash course in ArcPad

02-21-2018 10:51 AM
GaryHolmstrom1
New Contributor II

Hello fellow users. I am very new to ArcPad. I have been tasked by my field studies professor to learn ArcPad. It is version 10 (build 55) and I do not have a clue on how to use the device. He wants me to input coordinates that can have a route developed between 20 to 25 points. We are to go to each point and take a picture of what is there. I am currently enrolled 12 hours and I have a week to learn the device. I am proficient in ArcMap but a completely new to ArcPad. Any help and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Gary

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

I'm not sure if you are trying to customize or just use, but this might be a good place to start

ArcPad Developer Help - Concepts 

I think that is for 10.2.

Is it the software that you are having questions about, or the device (i.e. some type of GPS unit, tablet or other??)

0 Kudos
GaryHolmstrom1
New Contributor II

Hi Rebecca

Let me elaborate. I was given a Trimble Juno 3B. My task is to find a way to take a given set of coordinates and enter them into ArcPad. The units are installed with ArcPad 10 (Build 55). I know very little about the unit and even less about ArcPad. I am using ArcMap 10.6 currently and ArcGIS Pro. If I had more time I would be able to sit down and work with the unit and ArcPad, but unfortunately I am short on time. Any direction toward documentation, or advice on how to get up and running with the unit is most appreciated.

Hope this helps clarify.

Gary

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

The help files for ArcPad are located ArcPad Help   There are many sections in the help that might get you what you need, but you may want to try  ArcPad - Using existing Data  

As for the Trimble units, I have no specific help there, but searching online might give some pointers if you are having issues connecting and/or transferring data over to it.

I've always been on the collection side of points and data in ArcPad, not so much on using existing data, so I can't be of more help.  Others might jump in, but digging thru the help and then specifying at what point you are getting stuck, that might help.

0 Kudos