Select to view content in your preferred language

Arcpad launching wrong camera in Panasonic Toughpad

03-10-2014 12:14 PM
EmilySangster1
New Contributor III
Hello,

I'm using a Panasonic Toughpad running Windows 8 with Arcpad 10.2.  I have form for data collection which has fields for collecting photos. When I click the box to launch the camera it is launching the webcam on the front of the tablet instead of the better camera on the back.  I can't figure out where to specify which camera, anyone else have similar issues??

Thanks,
Emily
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
MathewRiley
New Contributor II
Hello,

I'm using a Panasonic Toughpad running Windows 8 with Arcpad 10.2.  I have form for data collection which has fields for collecting photos. When I click the box to launch the camera it is launching the webcam on the front of the tablet instead of the better camera on the back.  I can't figure out where to specify which camera, anyone else have similar issues??

Thanks,
Emily

Emily:

On the Toughpad, ArcPad sets the lower resolution webcam as the default camera. No big deal, it's easy to change.

Fire up the camera module in ArcPad (the tool that's in the QuickCapture toolbar). When you do, the camera window will open, and you'll get something that looks like this:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32092[/ATTACH]

Click that middle button on the Camera Window (it looks like a page with 2 radio controls), when you do, the Camera Properties window will appear. You just need to change that to USB2.0 Camera. Then OK the two windows (it will take a picture, but just delete it). Next time you open the Camera module, it should be using the proper 3.1 MP rear camera.

Let us know if it works for you!

Matt
0 Kudos