Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcPad Get Data From Failing

03-26-2015 08:31 AM
JonathanHaller
Deactivated User

Background: I'm helping out a friend with their digital field recording conversion. They have a Archer unit running ArcPad and post processing using EFFIGIS/EZSurv. For the past 12 months they have been setting up shapefiles to transfer back and forth. They wanted to step it up with dropdowns etc so I suggested that they use feature classes as they should port over via .axf. Transfer to the device worked. Parking lot test worked (ie dropdowns were good). I am remote to their location so I don't have hands on to work with it.

Problem: When the parking lot test came back in, they seem to have post processed fine, however when they go to Get Data From, it comes up with an error. "The following ArcPad AXF files were skipped: Did not contain a transaction log: C:\Users\[name]\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache[cut off]"

They told me the workflow they were using this time was the same as when they did when it was shapefiles. So I'm assuming that there is a workspace environment issue or the data itself is getting corrupted when they try to post process it.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JuanLuera
Deactivated User

Hola Jonathan,

I would suggest running a quick test with some simple data to verify that the ArcPad check out/in workflow works for you first, and then you can look at the post processing workflow.

I would suggest to  create both the axf/apm somewhere on their local machine.

As seen below:

checkout.png

Move the project onto the device, and then collect data.

Once this is done, move the project back locally, and then check in the data by accessing the updated axf. 

As seen below:

checkin.png

If this all works for you, and the database gets updated. I would then look at the workflow you are using to post process the data. If you would like for us to look into this further with you, please log a support case with Support Services. Gracias, Jonathan!

Esri Support

Juan

0 Kudos