Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcPad 7.x compatibility with ArcMap 10.3

04-20-2015 01:43 PM
DiegoLlamas
Esri Contributor

Hi,

I would like to know if I can use my ArcPad 7.x software with the newest ArcMap version 10.3. I haven't found any documentation saying that I'm not able use it but i would like to confirm this.

thanks for your help!

Diego Llamas

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

​Diego, are you trying to do something specific between the two, or just wondering if they can be one the same machine? 

someone recently asked about arcsde does ArcPad 10.2.2 compatible with ArcSDE 10 ?   and I think the answer from Juan about not being tied to a specifc desktop product is somewhat relevant. 

But I do know they can be on the same machine...assuming it has the hardware requirements.  if that doesn't answer your question, it might help to know what specifically you are trying to run together.

0 Kudos
DiegoLlamas
Esri Contributor

Hi Rebecca,

I was wondering if I can generate projects, do check in/out of the projects, sync between arcpad and the mxd. the same arcpad workflow we always do but between arcpad 7.2 and ArcMap 10.3. If Arcpad is not tied to a Specific desktop i would be able to use these two versions.

Thanks for your help!

DLL

0 Kudos
JuanLuera
Deactivated User

Hola Diego,

ArcPad is an independent object; it is not version specific to work together with ArcMap. You are still able to use your past workflows in the newer version(s) of ArcMap/ArcPad but please keep in mind. You will not be able to take advantage of the new ArcPad functionalities built at ArcPad 8 forward. I am also including some ArcPad documentation, which I hope this helps you. Gracias, Diego!

What is the ArcPad Data Manager for ArcGIS

http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/arcpad/10.2/app/index.html#//00s10000007t000000

Get Data for ArcPad

http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/arcpad/10.2/app/index.html#//00s100000068000000

Juan

Sol_Wuensch
Frequent Contributor

While ArcPad may be independent of version, other third party software commonly used for differential correction is not.  Trimble GPS Analyst for example, when upgrading to ArcGIS 10.1 and up, users must upgrade their ArcGIS Desktop and upgrade to Trimble Positions.  I don't think that Trimble PathFinder Office has these same limitations.

Diego Llamas​ - what do you use for differential correction?

Juan Luera​ - I guess that means that ArcPad 7 works with ArcGIS 8.x...  I guess that's good to know.