TIN internal process error.

3609
5
02-19-2013 04:19 AM
Highlighted
New Contributor II
Hi All,

Does anyone know the different possible reasons for a "TIN internal process error." to occure during a raster interpolation using NaturalNeighbor interpolation method (IInterpolationOp3 interface) in VB.net?

I've such an error occuring sometimes, not always, depending on the data I wish to interpolate but can't find any logical reason for that.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Cyril
Reply
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Regular Contributor II
Does it work through ArcMap GUI methods with the same data? If so you might get a better error message.  Sounds like a data problem to me.  Is there anything unusual about the raster (no-datas, spatial ref, outliers etc?)
Reply
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor II
Yes it does work through ArcGIS GUI with the same data. It indeed sounds like a data problem but I don't know where I should look at. I can already see 3 ideas in your message, do you have any other?
Additional info: the code does work when the input data are placed into a File Geodatabase (not in a Personal GDB!).

Cheers.
Cyril
Reply
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Regular Contributor II
Additional info: the code does work when the input data are placed into a File Geodatabase (not in a Personal GDB!)


Sounds like moving the data to the fgdb 'fixed' it.  If you move the data back to a new personal geodatabase, does it work?  Export/Import functions sometimes fixes bad data.  Also check the version numbers in the pgdb properties.  You need to update 9.x pgdb to 10.x.  If the pgdb still doesn't work and the fgdb does, in my opinion, it suggests a bug in the esri code.  In that case, only esri technical support will be able to help you with that.
Reply
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor II
moving data to fgdb indeed fixed the problem. I've tried to export data back to shapefile and the test passed. It seems that export/import function fixed the data but I don't how.
I still have my issue as I'd like to avoid the export phase...
Reply
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Regular Contributor II
moving data to fgdb indeed fixed the problem. I've tried to export data back to shapefile and the test passed. It seems that export/import function fixed the data but I don't how.
I still have my issue as I'd like to avoid the export phase...


Any number of things could be wrong, point shapefiles are fairly simple so it is often null shapes that are the problem.  Line and polygons often have bad geometries.  The shapefile is a published format so any software write or edit shapefiles, not all of it does it well.  This has lead to many corrupt or partially corrupt shapefiles.  If you google "fix shapefile" or "repair shapefile" or "Corrupt shapefile" you will find many links to different strategies of repairing the shapefile.
Reply
0 Kudos