The usefulness of this forum

05-17-2011 09:19 PM
DemetrisDemetriou
New Contributor
A general comment I would like to do is that the previous kind of forum with the point system awarding to those answered questions was a perfect system in terms of supporting people dealing with ArcObjects Programming. Also, the fact that this forum refers in all development languages is another disadvantage. In conclusion, my view is that this new forum system is not effective and I wonder how ESRI took these decisions and does not do anything to improve this system. You may see that in most questions rarely there is an answer or even a discussion.
I hope that this positive critique will be taken into account by ESRI and if you agree please add in this post your views.
Regards
Demetris
0 Kudos
4 Replies
VictorAparicio
New Contributor
I completely agree with you.
0 Kudos
SebastianKrings
Occasional Contributor
Yeah. I am pretty new in this forum. But this is a thing I was still thinking about.
I agree with you, too!
0 Kudos
RuchiraWelikala
Occasional Contributor
Completely agree.  I didn't get to post on the old forum too much but I found that it still contains a plethora of information that has been collected over the years.  Usually, they all involve some kind of in depth dialogue as to resolving whatever issue that is being discussed.  From the looks of it, it seems like this forum is just a basic forum template with some minor adjustments.
Anyway, hope ESRI can improve the system.

Thanks,
0 Kudos
AlexanderGray
Occasional Contributor III
This discussion is already going on in this thread and has had esri attention:

http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/27823-MVP-structure-answered-posts-and-other-promised-forum-improve...
0 Kudos