Requirements for building an ArcMap 10 application in Visual Studio 2010

05-23-2012 11:08 AM
SalvatoreMagnotta
New Contributor
I am a newbie to the forums, so please excuse me if this is the wrong forum for this post.

Goal: I am trying to build an application targeted for Windows 7, 64 bit, running Office 2010 and Arc 10.x.

I am using VS 2010.  My question is: do I need to have Arc 10 on my development machine in order to build the application (to include the correct ESRI Arc 10 assembly and DLL references)?

The dev machine is an XP SP3 32 bit (x86), Office 2007 SP2, running Arc 9.2, Visual Studio 2010 with C#. 

Does a download exist, so I can include the right Arc10 DLL versions, or do I have to install the full ESRI Arc 10 ?

Thank you,
Sal
0 Kudos
5 Replies
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor
You will have to have ArcGIS 10 installed on your development machine to create ArcGIS 10 applications.
0 Kudos
SalvatoreMagnotta
New Contributor
Thanks - can I have 9.2 and 10 installed at the same time?
0 Kudos
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor
No, unfortunately you can only have one installation. The way around this would be to create a virtual machine. See this thread for more information.

Don't forget to mark the question as answered.
0 Kudos
SalvatoreMagnotta
New Contributor
Thank you.  All my questions have been answered.
0 Kudos
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor
Glad to hear that. In order to help others to find good answers, also click the check mark in the post that answered your question. You'll notice on that forum page that it will change the "Q" to a "A"
0 Kudos