IRasterCatalogLayer Statistics?

Jump to solution
12-20-2012 10:34 AM
JamesCrandall
MVP Frequent Contributor
I am trying to apply some existing VBA code that works for a Raster on a RasterCatalogLayer.  The existing code sets up a new renderer and classifies it with a specific minimum and maximum value for the renderer, which is done by way of IRasterStatistics.  For example,

Dim pStats As IRasterStatistics Set pStats = pRasBand.Statistics pStats.Minimum = d_dMin pStats.Maximum = d_dMax

Can someone show and example of how to perform the above on an IRasterCatalogLayer?  That is, we have moved all of the standalone rasters into a new RasterCatalog and now tasked with generating the required renderer.

Thanks!
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JamesCrandall
MVP Frequent Contributor
My workaround was to apply the classification I wanted to a single raster manually in ArcGIS, then in the "Symbology" tab of the raster properties you can select all of the symbols in the range and right-click -- this gives you the option to "Save Class Breaks" that saves it as an .xml file. 

...Now when I load my RasterCatalog into the TOC I can use the "Load Class Breaks" option in the same menu as mentioned above.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JamesCrandall
MVP Frequent Contributor
My workaround was to apply the classification I wanted to a single raster manually in ArcGIS, then in the "Symbology" tab of the raster properties you can select all of the symbols in the range and right-click -- this gives you the option to "Save Class Breaks" that saves it as an .xml file. 

...Now when I load my RasterCatalog into the TOC I can use the "Load Class Breaks" option in the same menu as mentioned above.
0 Kudos