Extract vegetaion from MSI

09-18-2012 07:30 AM
CharlesBonetti
New Contributor
So, I have been tasked to to this in ArcGIS 10 and I am a bit clueless because it, until this point, hasn't been in my lane of assignments.  The last time I did something like this it was in ERDAS Imagine, not Arc.  So currently I have an orthorectified image, correct projection for the area I am working in, and all the .shp's /.lyr's I need IE:  Roads, Hydrology, etc.  I just don't know where to begin I guess and I haven't found a tutorial or anything relating to it which is why im reaching out here to see if anyone has worked this before.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
CharlesBonetti
New Contributor
So, I have been tasked to to this in ArcGIS 10 and I am a bit clueless because it, until this point, hasn't been in my lane of assignments.  The last time I did something like this it was in ERDAS Imagine, not Arc.  So currently I have an orthorectified image, correct projection for the area I am working in, and all the .shp's /.lyr's I need IE:  Roads, Hydrology, etc.  I just don't know where to begin I guess and I haven't found a tutorial or anything relating to it which is why im reaching out here to see if anyone has worked this before.

20 views and no replys.  Is there really no one out there who can do this?
0 Kudos
JeffreyEvans
Occasional Contributor III
You are a bit vague on the details. I am assuming that you would like to perform a supervised classification. See the following help document. http://help.arcgis.com/en/arcgisdesktop/10.0/help/index.html#//00nv00000003000000.htm
0 Kudos
CharlesBonetti
New Contributor
You are a bit vague on the details. I am assuming that you would like to perform a supervised classification. See the following help document. http://help.arcgis.com/en/arcgisdesktop/10.0/help/index.html#//00nv00000003000000.htm

Ok well let me break it down then, or at least try to.  I am trying to take multispectral imagery/ QB, LandSat/ and using a model, do a supervised TERCAT.  I need to extract the vegetation from an image.  Before I can make a model, I need to understand the process.  I don't yet know what the process is or if I can even use a model to complete it, which is why i am asking here, if anyone has a step by step process for it.
0 Kudos
CharlesBonetti
New Contributor
So, this is what I have come up with and has been looked over by CW3/SFC.  It is at about 70%-80% right now.  I am fine tuning and tweaking the model to adjust for some data issues, but for the most part it seems to be pretty spot on for the small section of imagery that I ran it on.

I would appreciate any and all comments/information on the topic as we continue to refine this.
0 Kudos