Customize Context Menus?

10-29-2010 02:54 PM
GregRieck
Occasional Contributor III
Hello,

Does anyone know if it is possible to customize the table of contents context menu or the maps context menu?

G
0 Kudos
4 Replies
JohnHauck
Occasional Contributor II
Open the Customize Dialog and go to the toolbars tab, select Context Menus. This is the list of context menus that are available for you to customize.
0 Kudos
GregRieck
Open the Customize Dialog and go to the toolbars tab, select Context Menus. This is the list of context menus that are available for you to customize.

Thank you that helps. Do you know of an easy way to get the UID of the available context menus for customization?

Greg
0 Kudos
Venkata_RaoTammineni
Occasional Contributor
Hi,

you want to customize only context menu or you want to customize items from the context menu ?
0 Kudos
GregRieck
Hi,

you want to customize only context menu or you want to customize items from the context menu ?

Venkat, thank you for responding. I am looking to customize the menu itself by adding my own menu item. I have found the UID I needed by searching the system registry. I was also able to add my item to the menu successfully. I wasn't expecting to have to search the system registry for the UID I needed. I thought that information would have been contained in the ESRI help files, but it's not.

Thanks again for responding but I've already figured this out.

Greg
0 Kudos