ArcObjects Palette will not install

03-02-2015 05:36 AM
TomGeo
by
Occasional Contributor III

Installing the ArcGIS plugin for Eclipse the Esri ArcObjects Palette will not install and it looks to me as the problem is that I do not have the Visual Editor project installed in my Eclipse. Now the Visual Editor project is no longer active and was archived quite some time ago. The last official builds were for Eclipse 3.2.... Meanwhile we are at version 4.4.2 and the current tool for "visual" editing of user interfaces in Eclipse is done using the WindowBuilder.

I was wondering if there will be an update on the Esri ArcObjects Palette for version 10.3 and 11, etc.

Bests Thomas

- We are living in the 21st century.
GIS moved on and nobody needs a format consisting out of at least three files! No, nobody needs shapefiles, not even for the sake of an exchange format. Folks, use GeoPackage to exchange data with other GIS!
0 Kudos
3 Replies
FreddieGibson
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Thomas,

You are correct. The Visual Editor project was deprecated. I believe that if you want to use the ArcObjects pallette you'd need to use the WindowBuilder project. Once you have WindowBuilder installed you should be able to import the arcobjects.jar and gain access to the needed Visual Beans.

GardnerThompson
New Contributor

Has Anyone figured this out that solution? I am having trouble aswell and am unsure where to go forward

0 Kudos
GinaLogue
New Contributor

I'm having the same problem as well. I have installed the following:

ArcGIS_Desktop_1031_145699

ArcGIS_Runtime_SDK_Java_1024

Eclipse Kepler (with the patch)

I am needing to view a map in the WindowBuilder (by pressing the "Quickly test/preview the window without compiling or running it" button. I've tried using the MapBean and the JMap... I can only view a map when I RUN the application and this will not work for me.

Is it even possible to view the map using the WindowBuilder? Has anyone figured this out yet?

0 Kudos