Select to view content in your preferred language

Addin Extension Description flaw perhaps?

04-28-2011 12:55 PM
MichaelRobb
Honored Contributor
Hi everyone,

I was wondering, if someone would enlighten me on this small, but annoying issue.
Either I am severly looking over something, or ESRI has a bit more fine tuning to do.

When creating an extension (using Addins template);
I am Unable to get the text within the Description box to create New Lines (or CRLF) or <br> (Ive tried it all), just using ENTER in the XML.
All the ESRI extensions have a nice written description without having one long line requiring a scroll over.

Perhaps I need more coffee.

I have attached a visual.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
MichaelRobb
Honored Contributor
Bump...
No one ?

Does anyone have this issue?
0 Kudos
MichaelRobb
Honored Contributor
I thought I would reply to reveal the answer to this in case someone was curious. (actually forgot about this question thread)

insert the following where your crlf is desired:  & # 13 ; & # 10  -you will have to remove all the spaces, unable to visually show without creating a return on the forum (posting)
'

Ensure no spaces or using the �??enter�?? key when writing. (This will insert unwanted extra spaces on the same line)

ESRI Arc allows a seven line, 77 visible characters per line limit in the extension form. There is no set limit for characters per line (but user must scroll to view past the 77 visible based on the extension form size).

Here is a working example. - again, if I post here, you loose the visual characters
0 Kudos