Search Tool GUI Bug

12-29-2022 07:06 AM
cbiles
by
New Contributor

Whenever I search for a tool in my ArcMap (ArcGIS Desktop 10.8.1) my search results come back like this (screenshot below). The search results become covered and I have to zoom out just to select the first tool on the list. I have tried doing a complete reinstall, removing the Normal.txt template file, etc... Also, I can't hit enter to search. I have to manually select the magnifying glass. I know this isn't a horrible bug, but it is very annoying and I have been dealing with this for a while now. Any help would be appreciated!

CodyBiles_0-1672326072604.png

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Could you check if changing the display resolution of your system makes any difference?

Think Location
0 Kudos
JeanettaWyman
New Contributor II

I've tried this as well and it doesn't have an effect. The only thing that made a difference was expanding the search window to be very large - at least for the top result being cutoff. I'm not sure what to do about the results pages interfering with the list of results.

0 Kudos
cbiles
by
New Contributor

I tried this. Doesn't seem to have worked. Thank you for your suggestion. This is only a problem in ArcMap. The search function works just fine in ArcCatalog. I'm not entirely sure what would cause this issue.

0 Kudos