Global IDs disappear after importing into GDB

Jump to solution
12-21-2020 01:56 PM
BaileyBellavance
New Contributor II

I have added Global IDs into several feature classes in one of our Enterprise Geodatabases. That ran great and all the features I needed to now have Global IDs. However, when I am trying to Import those feature classes with the Global IDs added, they import successfully but when I open the properties of the feature classes, there are no Global IDs. I don't understand why they can't carry over into the new database? Nothing else about the feature classes changes at all, simply just loses the Global IDs field. 

I'm doing all of this in ArcCatalog and they are Enterprise SQL geodatabases.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Hi Bailey,

Since you don't mention feature dataset in your post, I'm not sure if you might be running into this bug: https://support.esri.com/en/bugs/nimbus/QlVHLTAwMDEwMzUxOQ==

BUG-000103519: Importing multiple feature classes into a feature dataset drops the original GlobalID field if the input data are feature classes instead of feature layers.

I'm also not sure if you're importing the feature classes directly from disk, or from layers.  There is a workaround listed at that link, so try that.  After you've checked, and if the information in that bug appears to line up with what you're experiencing, you could click the Subscribe button which will increase the count on the bug and help to raise its priority.

Let us know what you find...

View solution in original post

4 Replies
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Hi Bailey,

Since you don't mention feature dataset in your post, I'm not sure if you might be running into this bug: https://support.esri.com/en/bugs/nimbus/QlVHLTAwMDEwMzUxOQ==

BUG-000103519: Importing multiple feature classes into a feature dataset drops the original GlobalID field if the input data are feature classes instead of feature layers.

I'm also not sure if you're importing the feature classes directly from disk, or from layers.  There is a workaround listed at that link, so try that.  After you've checked, and if the information in that bug appears to line up with what you're experiencing, you could click the Subscribe button which will increase the count on the bug and help to raise its priority.

Let us know what you find...

BaileyBellavance
New Contributor II

Yep this is exactly my issue! Thank you @KoryKramer  I will try the workaround. 

DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

@JamalNUMAN  I think you posted a similar issue? Kory's comments may be helpful.

JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

The issue is resolved in 2.7

Clip_134.jpg

----------------------------------------
Jamal Numan
Geomolg Geoportal for Spatial Information
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
0 Kudos