Exporting map scrabbles text for labels, scale and legend

05-04-2021 05:32 AM
Labels (3)
NatashaTaitReynolds
New Contributor

Hi GIS wizards!

For some reason my labels keep cutting off; the same happens with my legend when converting to pdf or jpeg.  The text shows correct in map view, but as soon as I export the map it scrabbles the text.

I am using ArcMap 10.8 and have never experienced this issued until my ArcMap was reinstalled on a new laptop.

In the attached map, the numbers are scrambled in the scale bar and my labels are crammed together or overlapping.

How can I fix this?

0 Kudos
11 Replies
RichardDaniels
Occasional Contributor III

Since you are talking ArcMap there are two things you should try:

1. Delete your Normal.mxt file at C:\Users\<your user id>\AppData\Roaming\ESRI\Desktop10.7\ArcMap\Templates

replace 10.7 with your version. Since you downgraded delete the 10.8 folder you may find at the above location as well.

2. Have a different user login to your computer with a different user id and see if they have the same issue with your map. 

If their account works and yours does not, that means your Windows 10 Profile is corrupt on the machine.

0 Kudos
MirjaPavić
New Contributor

Hello, 

I tried to log in with my admin account and had no problems with export. On my "normal" account I have the same problem as NatashaTaitReynolds. This is the first time it happend  to me. I have Win 11 pro, and arcmap 10.2.1 
What does it mean the profile is corrupt? how can i solve it?
The picture is attached. Everything worked fine until today. 😞

0 Kudos